News » Jasna Góra Tower
The Tower of Jasna Gora, was rebuilt after the fire in 1900, and consecrated on August 15, 1906. Its lower part dates back to 18th century. The Tower is 106.3 meters high and consists of five storeys. In the middle of the Tower there is a clock with 36 smaller and bigger bells playing Marian melodies every quarter of an hour. The spire of the Tower shows a raven with a 170 cm wingspan and a loaf of bread in its beak.
In the 1980s the spire was reconditioned and the first and second floor of the Tower were renovated. In the recent years, the Tower has been revitalised.
The Tower is open from 9:00 am - 5.00 pm, in winter time not operating.
Due to coronavirus epidemic the Tower is currently closed.
Photo W. Sowula