We recommend » The St. Roch Bastion
There is an exhibition titled "Mother of God. Poland’s Splendor of Both Nations " opened on March 5, 2006
The exhibition is located inside of the St. Roch Bastion (entrance of Father Augustyn Kordecki’s Hall).
The Bastion was a part of Jasna Góra fortress, built in the years 1624-1639 and rebuild after 1674.
During the restoration work the original walls were uncovered revealing the siege of Jasna Gora, in times of "The Swedish invasion" in 1655
The exhibition presented here consists of several parts:
1. The Insight of the Bastion you can visit:
- nearly 500 exhibits, mostly from the 18th century:
- historical memorabilia
- art craft items
2. The Outside the bastion you can visit:
- exhibition showing the history of the Independent Self-Governing Trade Union "Solidarity"
- remembrances showing the Polish soldiers fighting during the World War II
- remembrances of the Smolensk victims.
Look it here :